Many applications requiring a fixed temperature set point have relied on mechanical thermostat devices (thermostats) for thermal control. But, thermostats are inadequate for many applications because of the long-term reliability issues such as 100,000 cycle rating and poor temperature control.
The SERIES EHG® thermal solution includes a compact temperature control, thermocouple sensor and power switching device integrated into the heater’s power cord. The SERIES EHG reduces system costs and substantially extends the life over conventional thermostat solutions.
The evolution of miniature microprocessor technology and Watlow switching technology allowed the development of a small versatile temperature control and thermocouple sensor that can be integrated with Watlow silicone rubber heater products. This device senses the temperature via input from a thermocouple strategically placed on the heater mat. The microprocessor is programmed prior to shipment with the customer's application specific set point. This results in quick delivery of a custom integrated system.
The small mass of the thermocouple provides superior response to changes in process temperature and allows for higher watt density silicone rubber heater designs. Depending on the specific application, Watlow’s power switching design can extend life up to 40 times greater than thermostats. These features result in an integrated custom set point temperature control product with superior life span, faster heat-up rates and improved accuracy. The SERIES EHG system has been tested to over four million cycles at rated amperage.
- SERIES EHG silicone rubber heater UL® recognized to 428ºF (220ºC) operating temperature
- Factory programmed fixed set point
- On-off controller with 6ºF (3ºC) switching hysteresis
- Temperature band LED indicator ON between -68 and +68ºF (–20 and +20ºC) of set point
- Voltage rating: 120 or 240VAC – 30/+10%, 50/60Hz
- Silicone rubber heater watt densities up to 80 W/in² 12.5 W/cm²) dependent on application temperature
- SERIES EHG system UL® recognized to 10A max.
- Controller dimensions 3.75 in. (95 mm) long by 1.75 in. (45 mm) diameter
- Heater per silicone rubber heater specifications
- Silicone rubber heater: UL® recognized File #E52951
- SERIES EHG controller: TUV File DE 3-3068 to EN 61010-1:2001, UL® File E43684 to UL® 873 temperature indicating and regulating equipment
- Controller operating temperature range 32 to 128ºF 0 to 70ºC)
- Controller storage temperature range -40 to 158ºF (–40 to 70ºC)
|Long operational life|
Tight temperature controlSmall sensor footprint
- Improves system reliability
Reduced system cost
- Fits with almost any heater
- Responds quickly to temperature changes
- Controls high watt densities in low mass applications
Pre-wired, in line control
- A single SERIES EHG controller can be configured with multiple heaters to reduce system cost
Durable housing with built-in strain relief
- Simplifies installation
- Provides two-wire power connection
Manufactured with proven Watlow components
- Protects electronics
- Assures low risk of mechanical damage
- Assures reliable system performance
- Semiconductor processing
- Aerospace composite repair
- Foodservice equipment
- Freeze protection
- Life sciences